For those students who are pursuing the course through Foundation i.e. after passing Foundation level, this would be the second level course relating to the CWA/ICWA (Cost and Works Accountancy - Professional Accounting) Course.
For those students who are taking up the course after their Graduation this is the primary/first level course.
The main/final examinations for the course at this level are conducted twice every year generally on specified dates which do not change except under extraordinary circumstances.
Second Week of June
Second Week of December
The CWA/ICWA course at the Inter (Intermediate) level consists of only theoretical examinations. There are 6 subjects arranged into 2 modules of 3 papers each of 100 marks.
Wherein the student has failed the examination but has obtained high marks in one or more papers as specified, there are certain exemptions from appearing in that paper.
A student has to get through the papers at this level and thereby pass the intermediate level to be eligible to go to the next level (final) of the course.
CWA/ICWA: Intermediate - Group I
- Paper 5: Financial Accounting [100 marks]
- Paper 6: Commercial & Industrial Laws and Auditing [100 marks]
- Section I : Commercial and Industrial Law (50 Marks)
- Section II : Auditing (50 Marks)
- Paper 7: Applied Direct Taxation [100 marks]
CWA/ICWA: Intermediate - Group II
- Paper 8: Cost & Management Accounting [100 marks]
- Paper 9: Operation Management and Information Systems [100 marks]
- Section I: Operation Management (50 Marks)
- Section II : Information Systems (50 Marks)
- Paper 10: Applied Indirect Taxes [100 marks]
Exemption from some Papers:
Only a pass in the final examination of ICSI, has the following subjects exemption. No exemption is available for any other qualification under Revised Syllabus 2008.
- Paper 5: Financial Accounting
- Paper 7: Applied Direct Taxation
The top twenty students based on the aggregate of marks obtained who have appeared in both groups without taking any exemptions would be given ranks.
A candidate who passes the examination obtaining 70% of the total marks of all the papers at one sitting is deemed to have passed the examination with distinction.
1. Certificate of Merit:
- Awarded By: The ICWAI
- Awarded To: To each candidate who passes the Intermediate Examination taking all the subjects together (i.e. without any exemption) at one sitting.
- The Prize: A certificate
2. Prize for General Proficiency:
- Awarded By: The ICWAI
- Awarded To: The Candidates securing 1st, 2nd & 3rd highest total marks amongst the holders of Certificate of merit.
- The Prize:
- Gold Medal — First Prize for General proficiency
- Silver Medal — Second Prize for General Proficiency
- Book Prize — Third Prize for General Proficiency .
- Awarded Out of:
The Prize is awarded out of a fund established by Mrs. Mary Sur to commemorate in the name of her husband, Upendra Nath Sur, who was a Fellow Member of the Institute.
- Awarded To:
Two candidates who pass the Intermediate Examination taking all the subjects together (i.e., without any exemption) as follows in each term:
• The Prize:
- To the candidate securing the first highest total mark: Rs. 300 in cash
- To the candidate securing the second highest total marks. Rs. 200 in cash
- Awarded Out of: A fund established by Bikramjit Mazumder Memorial Society
- Awarded To: The candidate who passes the Intermediate Examination with the highest marks in group I in each term.
- The Prize:
a) A gold medal
b) Book prize worth Rs. 250
5. G. Indira Devi Memorial Prize:
- Awarded Out of: A fund established by Dr. G. B. Rao, a past President of the Institute, to commemorate the name of his mother Smt. G. Indira Devi.
- Awarded To: The candidate holding 1st rank in the Intermediate Examination.
- The Prize: A gold medal
6. Pushparani De Memorial Silver Medal:
- Awarded Out of: A fund established by Shri K. K. De, a senior member of the Institute, to commemorate the name of his mother Pushparani De
- Awarded To: To the lady candidate who scores the highest total marks amongst the lady candidates in Intermediate Examination.
- The Prize: Book Prizes
7. A. K. Biswas Foundation Prize:
- Awarded To: To the candidates securing first and second positions in Intermediate Examination
- The Prize: A Silver medal